BCC Main Provider Forum on Friday June 12th a CQC inspector reported that:
- Orgs that have no Reg Mgr in place (or fail to get one in place within a reasonable period of time) will not be able to obtain “Good” as a service rating and will always be rated as “Requires Improvement”
- And those that do not complete their PIR’s will not be able to obtain “Good” as a service rating and will always be rated as “Requires Improvement”
BCC Commissioning also reported that when a service is rated “Inadequate” by CQC their QA team will be informed and will make a judgement on whether to cease placements immediately.
- The team will also visit the service and check on its CQC action plan and activities to improve the service
- A set of guidance notes re this BCC checking process will shortly be available
- I have asked BCC to alert C&SW in these circumstances so that we can support anyone who finds their service being checked and monitored by both CQC and the Council.