March: Latest Christies Care Property Report: 150107_SW Care Focus_LR
January: The South West care team at Christie + Co are experiencing the highest demand for care homes since the peak of the market in 2007.
We have concluded a significant number of care homes in the past few months alone in the West Country, with the successful sales of the following businesses;
– Woodstock Nursing Home, Gloucester – Reg 28
– Old Vicarage, Frampton-on-Severn – Reg 37
– Former Four Seasons Care Home, Swindon – Previously Reg 15
– Sharpe House, Wiveliscombe, Nr Taunton – Previously Reg 10
– Court House, Cullompton, Devon – Reg 23
– Former Holywell Bay Nursing Home, Nr Newquay – Previously Reg 44
– Mile Oak Care Home, Wimborne – Reg 24
– Summerhill Care Home, West Moors, Ferndown – Reg 11
– Millpond View Care Home, Hayle – Previously Reg 32
– Chaseborough House, Three Legged Cross, Wimborne – Reg 17
– Highfield Care Home, Marlborough – Reg 26
Whilst viewing numbers for our clients businesses have moved forward by a nominal 4% in 2013, an analysis of our activity shows that our viewers are now more likely to submit an offer than at any time since 2007. Offer levels for our clients has increased by a healthy 15% this year and the number of deals we have put into solicitors hands has increased by 25%. Perhaps most importantly, we have successfully concluded on 40% more care home sales!
This underlying activity has been fuelled by greater buyer confidence, an improving economy and the increased appetite of all the major banks to lend to experienced operators – at historically low interest rates. Such cheap money will not be available in the long term and for this reason we believe that now has never been a better time to consider selling your care home business.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the current market or are planning your exit strategy, then please contact our South West Healthcare team, who have over 65 years of care home sales experience…